03 August 2010

why this is a bad blog

I feel a distinct need to outline to you why this here blog of mine is, in fact, a bad blog. That (the need, not the blog) is because I'm a good student, yes indeedy, and I did pay attention in the blogging course I just took. I'm disregarding the teacher's advice with full intentionality, but would like to point out where and how I'm doing so (the why... that's left up to you to decide, gentle reader).

Firstly, this is a bad blog because it's not about anything in particular. It's stuffed full of random rambles and rants on just about anything- well, anything that comes across my mind. A really good blog, my teacher says, solves a problem, or answers a question, or in some other way fulfills a need in the reader. Well, unless you have a need to read some random and nonsensical drivel on a regular basis, I'm afraid you're out of luck here.

Secondly, this is a bad blog because it's going to be updated with great irregularity. Right now, I'm into blogging; but, as anyone who knows me will tell you, my crazes come and go. One day, I'll lose interest, and there you will be, with a blog going progressively more stale and growing bits of fuzzy blue mould on it. That's bad blogging. Bad blog, bad! (Except that fuzzy blue mould is actually quite interesting from a scientific point of view. I once grew some on the windowsill that looked like it had tiny dandelion heads on it. Quite Seussian in appearance; you know, like the Truffula trees from The Lorax.)

But if you don't care, or you would like to study the mould-growing habit of the spotted or herbaceous blog, or make some statistical observations on just how random my thought patterns can be and draw some parallels to the weather patterns in the Northern hemisphere, then, by all means, stick around.

Life, the universe, and blog mould. Could be interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3/8/10 13:17

    Hi, I saw your link on Facebook so thought I'd come and visit. I'm going to subscribe via Bloglines and look forward to your ramblings! I like your humour (Teaist, Birkenstockian, heh heh). Come and read my blog sometime. nicolaknits.wordpress.com
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete